18twenty8® is an award-winning, women-led Non Profit Organisation that empowers young women, from disadvantaged backgrounds, by developing strategies for their educational and personal development. We encourage young women, between the ages of 18 and 28, to view higher education as an attractive and necessary tool for their empowerment. Our approach is empathetic, skills-enhancing and relevant to the young women we serve since we have experienced some of our beneficiaries' challenges first-hand.
Our objectives are to:
- Facilitate life-skills workshops for girls in Grade 11 and Grade 12 at high schools in marginalised communities
- Provide mentors for young women through our Big Sister Network
- Provide financial assistance for the higher educational expenses of undergraduate young women
- Produce successive generations of educated women leaders and mentors in all sectors
- Curb youth unemployment by recruiting and training community-based youth to facilitate our workshops